Pirelli - Page 2 - Audi Forum - Audi Forums for the A4, S4, TT, A3, A6 and more!

Wheels & Tires Discussion on Wheel and Tire choices for summer/winter applications.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pirelli

Reply

 
 
 
Old 02-17-2013, 12:15 AM
  #11  
Audi Forum - Posts like an A1
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bragg Creek
Posts: 14
Crier is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pirelli

Originally Posted by theedge111 View Post
Wow, I'm super impressed!!
Good, I'm glad.

Maybe then you won't ask such idiotic questions in the future.
Crier is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:49 AM
  #12  
iTrader: (1)
 
1move's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ....
Posts: 2,540
1move is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pirelli

Originally Posted by Crier View Post
Good, I'm glad.

Maybe then you won't ask such idiotic questions in the future.
SLow it down there pal, you came here for help. $514 is a retarded price and you got taken in my opinion, if you are willing to pay and be stupid with your money, hey its your money. I paid a $1000 for the same tires. Why? Because I am smart with my money and can find $1056 in my bank or spend on other stuff maybe a summer set. People are here to offer you help not to argue with you. Relax and enjoy your new tires and car. Welcome to the forum!
1move is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:03 AM
  #13  
Audi Forum - Posts like an A1
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bragg Creek
Posts: 14
Crier is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pirelli

Originally Posted by 1move View Post
SLow it down there pal, you came here for help. $514 is a retarded price and you got taken in my opinion, if you are willing to pay and be stupid with your money, hey its your money. I paid a $1000 for the same tires. Why? Because I am smart with my money and can find $1056 in my bank or spend on other stuff maybe a summer set. People are here to offer you help not to argue with you. Relax and enjoy your new tires and car. Welcome to the forum!
So you purchased the exact same tires for half what I paid?........hard to believe.

TireRack sells the 255/35ZR 19's for $340 each

Plus $300 shipping



Plus mounting

Plus balancing.

Plus $30 per tire road hazard warranty.

Plus taxes



On top of that Blaskin & Lane swaps out my winter/summer free of charge each season.



Are you sure you guys are getting your smokin deal tires new or second hand from Farmer Jones Tirz?
Crier is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:58 AM
  #14  
Audi Forum - Posts like an A1
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bragg Creek
Posts: 14
Crier is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pirelli

So lets tally this up based on TireRacks price and local mount.

$340 Tire
$75. Shipping
$29. Road Hazard Warranty
$40. Mount & Balance
$24. Tax


Works out to be $508.20

I purchased locally for $514.00.

Paying $5.80 more for per tire locally for service and convenience is cheap.

Also....I consumed about 5 cups of their coffee while I waited.... so basically I'm ahead.
Crier is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:01 AM
  #15  
iTrader: (1)
 
1move's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ....
Posts: 2,540
1move is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pirelli

Originally Posted by Crier View Post
So lets tally this up based on TireRacks price and local mount.

$340 Tire
$75. Shipping
$29. Road Hazard Warranty
$40. Mount & Balance
$24. Tax


Works out to be $508.20

I purchased locally for $514.00.

Paying $5.80 more for per tire locally for service and convenience is cheap.

Also....I consumed about 5 cups of their coffee while I waited.... so basically I'm ahead.
Nobody is trying to insult you dude, take it easy. I personally would have gone with a smaller rim to give it a little more cushion in winter it makes for a smoother ride and the potholes around this town sure do suck. I bought the exact same tires in 17" for $1080 and pirelli had a rebate so I got them for under a $1000. Paid $75 for mounting and balancing from 1010tires.com. They currently offer free shipping so the same tires you got (255/35ZR 19) are $1,608.56 with tax and shipping. So it is about $420 a tire balanced and mounted.

I personally would have gone smaller and got a winter set. I am not sure what your plans are for the car in the future and if you will be running one set of rims on two sets of tires or you are getting after market rims. Either way we are here to help and anything you need just ask. Very nice car you got and I have a lot of experience with them so if you ever need it scanned or programmed send me a PM.
1move is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:05 PM
  #16  
Audi Forum - Posts like an A3
 
Roger b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto ontario canada
Posts: 91
Roger b is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pirelli

Great choice. I run them on my a4 and love them. They are awsome.
Roger b is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:09 PM
  #17  
Audi Forum - Posts like an A1
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bragg Creek
Posts: 14
Crier is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pirelli

Originally Posted by 1move View Post
Nobody is trying to insult you dude, take it easy. I personally would have gone with a smaller rim to give it a little more cushion in winter it makes for a smoother ride and the potholes around this town sure do suck. I bought the exact same tires in 17" for $1080 and pirelli had a rebate so I got them for under a $1000. Paid $75 for mounting and balancing from 1010tires.com. They currently offer free shipping so the same tires you got (255/35ZR 19) are $1,608.56 with tax and shipping. So it is about $420 a tire balanced and mounted.

I personally would have gone smaller and got a winter set. I am not sure what your plans are for the car in the future and if you will be running one set of rims on two sets of tires or you are getting after market rims. Either way we are here to help and anything you need just ask. Very nice car you got and I have a lot of experience with them so if you ever need it scanned or programmed send me a PM.

I don't mean to sound pissy, not on purpose.


I tried the smaller rim thing on my wife's new SLine Q5 and it destroyed the look of it IMO, hence me keeping OEM wheels on my S5. When these winters are worn out on her Q5 I will opt to spend the extra money and buy 20" snow tires and give away the 18" winter rims.

Since Harper bought property in Bragg, you have to search hard to find a pothole. Fancy new bridges as well..... should bring the conelickers out in droves on weekends.

Appreciate the offer and help.
Crier is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:17 AM
  #18  
Audi Forum - Posts like an A1
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: North London
Posts: 10
Oli Owen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pirelli

Originally Posted by Crier View Post
Good, I'm glad.

Maybe then you won't ask such idiotic questions in the future.
Chill pill maybe? lol
Oli Owen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
GFreeman
Audi parts for sale & wanted.
7
05-04-2011 08:54 PM
chanh
2nd gen. A3 - (Typ 8P/8PA, 2003–present)
4
02-04-2008 02:29 AM
Carl Howarth
Audi Mailing List
12
04-19-2005 07:41 PM
Tony
Audi Mailing List
2
01-19-2004 05:50 AM
Mike B.
Audi Mailing List
6
11-14-2003 04:37 AM

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: